Hey there, Great to see you on YVA! I just wanted to ask if you've seen the rules recently for YVA? If you haven't go ahead and check it out http://bit.ly/A1B56X . Make sure you understand, and agree to the rules before posting. Thanks Smile.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hey there, Great to see you on YVA! I just wanted to ask if you've seen the rules recently for YVA? If you haven't go ahead and check it out http://bit.ly/A1B56X . Make sure you understand, and agree to the rules before posting. Thanks Smile.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Organization of topics

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Organization of topics Empty Organization of topics Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm

HomieOmey

HomieOmey

It might be just me, but I find all the places to post on this site a bit confusing. Until the board activity picks up, I don't think there needs to be so many sub categories. It even makes the board look less busy, which might scare away visitors who crave action.

I keep forgetting where I made different posts, and I haven't even made that many. It's just a lot of navigating to do with so few posts in some of the boards.

2Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Coin Dust

Coin Dust
Cool Member
Cool Member

I think i know what you're trying to say and i agree with you..
There shouldn't be so many sub-categories on the front page.. there should be the main caregories and we click them, and then the sub-categories come up

3Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 am

Coach

Coach
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠

This is petty organized, So you guys don't want the sub ceategorys, can do that but say bye bye to lots of topics.

4Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Morggan

Morggan

I kinda like what you done it seems much smaller

5Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Masonwuzheer

Masonwuzheer
---
---

Tounge

6Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:56 pm

HomieOmey

HomieOmey

Coach wrote:This is petty organized, So you guys don't want the sub ceategorys, can do that but say bye bye to lots of topics.

Its almost too organized lol its a maze!! For every topic I want to post in I have to click on three links - and that's assuming I click on the correct header.

As one example, I don't see why 'Yoville' and 'News and Updates' need to be separated. And once I click on 'Yoville', does there really needs to be 6 headers just to add crew? There should be three 'crew needed' threads that fall under one header, I think.

7Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:41 am

Coach

Coach
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠

I am going to go with what you say. If you have it hard to find new topics go to View posts since last visit>> Then go to the topics that have stars>> once you read and replied if needed>>go back>> and repeat.

8Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:56 am

Coach

Coach
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠

If you would like me to set it up like yoville.com please tell me so.

9Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:57 am

HomieOmey

HomieOmey

Yoville.com is much easier to navigate, but I understand wanting to be a bit different. I think it's good that you're making use of more categories/headers (as a lot of posts can get lost quick on yoville), and I just discovered the ability to track your own posts, so that is very helpful!!

I just worry that as a new site, it's going to be hard to attract posters when they have to click a lot of places to see the bulk of the threads. Potential users tend to be attracted to a plethora of threads, so when they open up a header that only has 1-3 topics, it6 might give the wrong impression.

The yoville news section has a bunch of topics, so is perfect as is. However, I do suggest that you unsticky some of the older posts in the Yoville News section. I almost missed the hair salon, new tracks, and iloveyoville shirt talk.

10Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 am

Coach

Coach
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠

Alright, I'm beginning to understand the stress on the navigation on the forum. I personally have no problem with finding posts, but its the members that matter. I would love to make this a happy place to go, non-stress full but It's getting a bit hard because of my capability of managing this forum.
I guess that we will have to take away lot of sub category's until we have more activity on the forum. I want a approval from the members fist.

11Organization of topics Empty Re: Organization of topics Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 am

Coach

Coach
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠
٠•●☆Owner☆●•٠

How are you liking this Omey?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum